Menu

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Been busy!

Hey! I'm back!
Yeah, I know I've been away from blogging for a few weeks. Trying to take some time away from writing and to concentrate on photography. So what have I been doing along those lines?
Well my laptop crashed and I successfully rebuilt it with a new harddrive! Luckily I didn't lose any pictures because I back up everything to external HD and DVDs.

I had a Portrait shoot the day after Christmas, so I had to get those shots ready for my client.
I met with another client and have an assignment that I've been working on. Can't talk much more about that yet, but it would be a big boost for Emery Swanson Photography. Sorry to be cryptic, but don't want to count my chickens before they hatch.
Let's see, what else? I've been framing and getting my pictures ready for a showing in the month of March, and another in the Month of May. Where? Stay tuned!
I looked over the Art/Craft fair schedule for 2012 and decided that I'm not going to do any until the Gilford HS fair next December. There is just too much going on. I'll be away down in Weare all summer and have enough to keep me busy without adding fairs into the mix. I probably wouldn't have done the GHS one but they hook you in early. And they promised me a good location next time. My location last month was horrible, but in their defense, I didn't sign up til November!
Ok, what else?
I shot pics of 3 Presidential candidates (Paul, Santorum, and Huntsman-Ok, he has since dropped out)
I've covered 6 Basketball games and 3 Hockey games for the Citizen so far in January. 5 games total this week! Whew!
I sure do enjoy shooting sports, but find that I really need a faster lens. Indoor sports is tough due to lousy flourescent lighting and I have to do a LOT of post-processing adjustments in Photoshop (and Topaz!) It's not in the budget now, but who knows what the year will bring?
Oh, while I'm thinking of it, I wanted to mention this. I have my website at Smugmug, and printed some pics for myself so I could have samples of the different ink styles on hand. WOW! The work their printer does is outstanding. Lustre and metallic for the right image is unbelieveable. And the quality for matte and standard is beautiful. Just wanted to put a shout-out out for their print vendor (EZ Prints in Georgia, I believe)

Anyway, here are some shots I took this month:




 Train Trestle at Franklin River Walk

 Along the River Walk


Franklin, Dam on 1/16. 5 degrees out

 Frigid Fire Escape

 Franklin Public Library
(And Baptist Church behind)

Sulphite Bridge Train Tracks in Franklin

 WRHS vs LHS BB


WRHS vs Somersworth 

 Gilford vs Inter-Lakes

 Moultonboro-Interlakes vs Conval

 Belmont-Gilford vs Somersworth


What else have I been doing? Watching a lot of football! This afternoon included...Pats V Ravens...Going to be a great game (I hope!)

Till next time.
Go PATS!
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment