Thursday, January 5, 2012

2012-01-05: A day in the life

Had a busy night the other night, and thought it was a good subject for the blog. During one of my drives I recorded what I wanted to write on my phone. It was more or less a timeline of my rushing around...and then it all went downhill. Here's how it goes:

I have Camera Club meeting tonite at 6:30
Received an email from Citizen to cover the Winnisquam/Gilford Girls Basketball game at 6:30.
Sent an email to Carolyn at CC letting her know I won't be there. Texted Jordan and Ashley also.
Went home from work, kissed Sue, patted Bella, wolfed down some food.Raced to Gilford HS.
Enjoyed the BB Game, took some great shots (I hope). Gilford won 35-33. Game got out at 7:30. WOW!
Raced over to Library for Camera club meeting. Watched a couple of videos from Got antsy because my shots are due by 9pm. So I left the meeting at 8.
Raced home and recorded this timeline while driving
Got home at 8:15,
Kissed Sue, patted Bella
Loaded disk onto my laptop..
Yup, it finally bit the big one.
So for the next hour, I was trying to review my files on Sues Macbook, struggling trying to figure out how to get an image onto Mac Mail. (let it be known that I love iPhone...But hate apple Mac software in general)
Sent files to the Citizen,
Get emails back saying the pictures are too small and not like I usually send them. (DUH).
Finally got an email on my phone saying that such and such a picture was great, if I could send a bigger image they'd be all set. Figured out how to do that in the Mac. Had it over to them at 9:30.
Whew. Late, but in time for printing.
Anyway, This picture made the next morning's paper. I wasn't too happy with it, because I couldn't touch it up and thought it was a bit blurry, but my editor liked it, and alls well.
There was also another shot from the Kayak races on New Years. That made me happy. That shot is here:

So that is a day in this photographers life.

Epilogue: I was going to bite the bullet and go buy a new laptop. My buddy John said I should be able to recover and wipe the slate clean on my machine and start from scratch, so I decided to give that a try. Actually called HP support and spoke to some great guys (Ram and Sahid). Took a couple hours of my time, but yes, my hard drive is dead and non-recoverable. They are sending me a new hard drive. Cost?: $86! Woo hoo! Much better than a whole new machine! Told John today that I owe him a lunch...That's the least I can do.
Let's hope today is a bit quieter.
I'll let you know

1 comment:

  1. Great Action Shots.. love the smile on the kayaker. That is a tough schedule you had that night.. phew..