Menu

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

My Guitar - And some Bokeh?

When we left off last night, I was on my way to go play my guitar for awhile. It had been a couple of weeks since I picked it up last. So I played a few riffs and my fingers just weren't co-operating. Then I noticed that it was getting kind of dusty, so I polished it all up. And then tried to play again. By then, my fingers were warmed up and things started to click. Played a little Dave Mathews, and then over to AC/DC, and admired the shine on my Aria Pro II.

At that point, my mind switched over to my camera and wanted to get a picture of the guitar. I took a few shots and was getting some good reflections. So I got an idea to try a Bokeh* shot. I got out a couple of small Christmas lights and got this Shot of the Day:

Aria Pro II



* From Wikipedia; Bokeh (pronounced bou-ke) is a subjective quality of out-of-focus areas of an image projected by a camera lens. It is the blur or aesthetic quality of the blur. The term comes form the Japanes word boke, which means blur or haze..

This shot was taken with the guitar over a black blanket, with the small lights at the end of the neck, and a touch of natural light coming in from windows on the left. Although it was 5:30pm, and it is NH, so there is practically no light. There is no flash. Exposure is 30 sec; Aperture is f/13, ISO-200.


Rock On!

Em

No comments:

Post a Comment