Menu

Monday, April 8, 2013

P52 Week 14 - NHPPA

It's official! I am a member of the New Hampshire Professional Photographers Association (NHPPA)!

This is a group of awesome folks who make their living with photography and/or are people like myself who are just plain passionate about photography.


I'm pretty stoked about that! Although, until I get my portfolio complete and reviewed and torn apart, I will be at the "Aspiring Photographer" level. Which, is ok for me right now. I've got a lot to learn, and I know this group of people will help me get there. I'll be working on my portfolio over the summer with the goal of becoming a 'Master Photographer'. I hope I will have time for that because I have recently been hired as an assistant to Peter Lik in New York!
Ok, ya got me. That last line was belated April Fools joke....

I can't believe I missed April Fools this year. My favorite holiday! I've been soo busy with work and learning Data warehousing that I barely had a chance to get a picture this week. What else have I missed? Hey! Where did my family go? Oh, luckily they are sticking by me thru my mental absence...I am indeed a lucky man!

Hey, I always try to pass along something I've learned this week. You know those foolish key tags that every store tries to get you to sign up for and add to your key ring? Well there's an app for that! called bump bump bump bah! Key Ring! You scan your foolish tag and it keeps the bar code info on your phone. So now you never have to walk around with those annoying tags again.


Eureka! I learned that from one of the photographers at NHPPA. Worth the price of admission right there!
Now if I can just figure out a way to get by without my phone, all will be well in the world.


Anyway, sorry I haven't been able to dazzle you with an amazing and inspirational shot this week, but I'll do my best for next week. We're heading out on vacation to NC and SC for some much needed R&R. I know I'll have some shots from the road. So y'all come back now, ya hear?


Stay cool my friends...
Em


No comments:

Post a Comment