Menu

Sunday, March 13, 2011

2011-03-13: Easel-y Done

So, not sure if I mentioned this before or not. Been a busy week. Last Friday, I found out about the Lakes Region Art and Craft Fair on April 9th and 10th at Opechee Inn. I submitted an application and was accepted! This is a juried show, meaning that someone votes you in. It is done this way so that that they have quality handcrafts and quality artwork. They don't want it to be a flea markety with wholesale items. Plus they want to keep a good mix of types of crafts/art, so there will only be a few of each type of thing. This is done for variety. I imagine it gives each seller a better chance of selling their wares. Anyway, I was honored this week to find out that my photos have been approved, and I will have a booth there! I am nervous and excited. So now I have to get ready!
I have been matting some of my own work (With mats from RediMat), and getting some done at U-Frame, We-Frame, I've ordered business cards, and a banner, (from Vistaprint) T-Shirts advertising my new company (Emery Swanson Photography) Catchy, huh? I've published my website (EmerysIsland.com). And Friday I took the day off and made a bunch of Easels. 2 Tall ones and 2 table-top ones. Here's one of the big ones:


Easel For the Show

Aperture: F/4; Exposure: 1/6s; ISO-400

All I need now is a black floor-length table cloth for my table. Sue will make that for me. And then, I'll be ready. The show is 4 weeks away, so I'll tell you how preparations are going along the way.
Gotta run!
Have an awesome day.
Em

1 comment:

  1. Good Job Emery! Hope you have a great show, we will try and make it...

    ReplyDelete