Menu

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Project 365: 2/26/2011: Photographing Real Live People!

As you may or may not know, I don't feel very comfortable photographing people. Usually it is because they are making faces (my wife or son), or because the subject just isn't happy with how they look. My daughter Taylor said I really could get into wedding photos someday, but I'm not sure about that. However, Sue and I went to the wedding of some friends last night, and the couple asked me if I could take some pictures. The lighting was horrible where we were and I had an awful time seeing thru the viewfinder to determine if the picture was in focus.  So I had to kind of guess. And most of the pictures were lousy, but some were really good. One in particular made me quite pleased. I'd post it now, but the couple are on their way to Jamaica now (the lucky jerks), so I can't get a model release. But when they get back, I'll ask.

But, Jordan and his girlfriend were over tonite, and he was just being his goofy, loveable self and I started taking pictures. I did get their approval to post this, so here are Jordan and Shelbie...



The 'ol Finger thru the Ears trick

Aperture: F/5.6; Exposure: 1/60s; ISO-400

Getting back to the photographing people...I guess I could do it if I really tried, and I will start to do that from time to time. I've got to gain confidence in myself, and learn how to make the subject comfortable with getting their picture taken. If they are comfortable, (like my friends last night, and Jordan and Shelbie tonite), then theirs no telling how good a picture can turn out.

Have a good night!

Em

No comments:

Post a Comment