Menu

Friday, February 25, 2011

Project 365: 2-25-2011: Happy Birthday Dad!

My Dad, Emery A. Swanson, Sr., was born on this day in 1933 to Helen and Emery H. Swanson, in Squantum, Mass. Here is a picture of a picture (one of my favorites) of him playing the piano somewhere in NH at a friends cottage back in the early 70's I believe. It was a guys weekend away, and dad loved to play the piano. There is a can of Schlitz (ug) next to him on the table-what a party animal!. There is one guy passed out in the chair. And at least another guy was awake to take this picture.  Dad was a fantastic piano player and loved to start playing whenever someone wanted to listen. He used to play piano for some girls who sang back when he was a teenager.


Emery, Sr.

Dad died around July1st, I believe, in 1984 at the age of 51. He was my hero, and always will be. I've tried to emulate him, by being a good, honest person, and a great husband and father. And also by enjoying life and doing my best to have a good time while I'm here.  I think he would be proud of me, as I was of him.
Love you Dad! I miss you. Happy Birthday.
Your son,
Emery Swanson, Jr.

2 comments:

  1. I remember this picture! However, I never noticed the guy passed out in a the background, haha. Great picture though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an awesome picture, even now that I know the background behind it!

    Papa Emery is proud of who you have become dad! I'm sure of it! I know I am! I Love you Dad!

    ReplyDelete