Menu

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Leaves and Bokeh

Almost missed out getting my daily post in. Busy at work, and then had camera class tonite. That is done. Really enjoyed the class and instructor, Lee Holliday. Thanks Lee!

Was wondering what to post today as I haven't had much time to experiment lately. And I was talking to my daughter Ashley, and was thinking about all the bags of leaves she had to rake and bag at her place. I'm thankful that I have woods all around me and can just blow my leaves there. Raking leaves is right up there on the fun meter with scraping paint.

Anyway, that got me thinking about a bunch of pictures of leaves I'd taken recently. Wasn't sure what to do with them, and then thought I'd get all artsy on ya. So with the day winding down, I put them all together in a little mural. Got some great bokeh lighting going on here.



Allright, how did I do it?

These are pretty much all taken the same way. Exposure: 1/60s, aperture: f/5.6, ISO-200. Got short depth of field so the background lighting is blurred to create the bokeh. And the secret is the pictures are taken inside during the day, taped to the window frame, shooting out the window.

Well the leaves are gone from my yard, and I hope yours are too.

Em

No comments:

Post a Comment