Menu

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Catch up Day - Country Views

Ok, ya got me. I missed a day yesterday. Been very busy taking care of "Lefty" and helping her recuperate, and a day slipped away. So for your visual enjoyment, I'll post two shots today.

One is a horse farm in Gilford, at the top of Cotton Hill. I'd been visualizing it for awhile, and one morning when I woke up, the light just seemed right. So I hopped out of bed, grabbed my camera and drove up the road. There is a feeding shed that just seemed ripe for a shot. Beautiful fall morning with Belknap Mountain in the background.



Gilford Horse Farm


Shot was taken with a wide angle lens on 11/1/10 at 6:30 am. Exposure: 1/5s; Aperture: f/18; ISO-100.

And the 2nd shot is at my father-in-law's sugar house (at Bolduc Farms) in Laconia. This sugar house is the longest continuously running one of its kind in the US. It has been operating since 1779. That's a whole lotta syrup. If you get a chance, stop by there in the spring and watch the Bolducs in action. They love to explain the process and serve their fresh syrup on pancakes. Mmmm.


Bolduc Maple Sugar House

Shot was taken with a wide angle lens on 11/14/10 8:12 am. Exposure: 1/32s; Aperture: f/5.7; ISO-160.

Ok, lunch time is over and I'm all caught up. Back to work now...

Enjoy!

Em

No comments:

Post a Comment