Menu

Monday, October 3, 2011

2011-10-03: Glad I don't smoke...

It's been about 9 years since I last had a cigarette. Maybe longer. One of the best things I ever did was to quit. Over the years since, I often thought that I'd like a cigar when I was out golfing or mowing the yard or something. But I know if I took a puff of a cigar, I'd be right back with cigarettes in no time. Anyway, the point of my post today, is that I needed a shot of smoke for my club assignment. I had done a great shot of smoke last year (Remember the Virgin Mary?), and this year I thought about doing a cigar ad type shot. I went down to the gas station and asked for a big fat cigar.."What flavor do you want", the cashier asked. "We've got vanilla, grape, strawberry, kiwi, ...". "Um, I'm not going to smoke it", I told her, "I just need it for a photo. So I'll take the vanilla". Seeing that vanilla is my favorite flavor of ice cream...I figured, why not? So she looked at me like I had 10 heads....and sold me the stogie.
Back at home, of course I was not going to light it in the house, I set up shop in the garage. Carefully set up a backdrop. Arranged the ashtray and cigar. And tried to light it. It was tough getting the cigar to blow off enough smoke since I wasn't actually puffing on it. But anyway, the garage still got pretty stinky (Should have got the strawberry one). So I opened the garage door. Unfortunately, that blew away what little smoke I could conjour up. Didn't quite get the shot I was going for, but did manage this one.


And after stinking up the garage...I no longer even want to smoke a cigar. So I'm not missing anything...Good lesson for myself.
Enjoy the day, and may it be smoke-free for you.
Em

1 comment:

  1. Yay dad on your HUGE accomplishment! As for the shot, I like it. Gives that fancy-pants feeling. I feel like a glass of whiskey in the backgound or something could look cool too.

    ReplyDelete