Menu

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

2011-08-17: Out of my comfort Zone

I'm meeting an ol childhood friend of mine tonite who is a singer/songwriter and is back home visiting from California. She aked me to take some photos of her, maybe for publicity or something. Anyway, taking pics of people is well out of my comfort zone. It is much easier to take a picture of a mountain side that is not moving, and something you don't have to get into a dialog with. Being kind of shy like I am, this is going to be a big deal. But it will be a good experience. I've been brushing up on my books where it talks about taking portraits - you know-the chapters I skipped before. Anyway, it will be fun catching up on old times and hearing what she's been doing in the 30 something years since I saw her last. And maybe I'll be able to relax and take some great shots for both of our portfolios. Wish me luck!

But for today's picture, I'm just posting something that I took a few weeks ago. Speaking of difficult...do you know how hard it is to get a Bee to sit still? Well it took a good half hour to get this one to perch...


So, wish me luck tonite! I'm as ready as I'll ever BEE.  ba-dump-bump.

See ya
Em

1 comment: