Menu

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

2011-08-09: Pittsfield Balloon Rally

Sue and I went to the Pittsfield Balloon Rally last Saturday, and were dissappointed. It was kind of windy and they weren't going to go up. A couple of balloons did tether up and sold rides, but not too exciting. One of them (pictured below) had to bring it down after a while because the patrons were getting jostled around quite a bit.
My main desire was to be there for a night glow. We waited around for a couple of hours, and still had a couple more to wait, and figured it would never happen. So we went home. Hope we didn't leave too early. Oh well. Always next year. Here's a shot of a balloon from NY as the pilot was blowing it up and it was laying sideways on the ground. I was leaning on the basket.


Kind of like being in the belly of the beast. The balloon team was very accomodating for photographers. There were about 25 of us all huddled around jockeying for position. I figured this was close enough, because when the pilot turned the burners on, I could feel it. I was worried the camera would melt!

I'll see if I can find a couple more interesting ones to post in the next couple of days.

See ya

No comments:

Post a Comment