Menu

Thursday, July 21, 2011

2011-07-21: Reflections

I went for a paddle in a kayak last weekend for about an hour. What a great workout. I was within 20 feet of a loon and watched it for 10 minutes. It never moved and I thought maybe it was a decoy until it turned it's head. Maybe it was guarding a nest. Not sure, but it wasn't bothered by me. I wish I had my camera, but I know I would have dropped it in the lake.  I was thinking of bagging the camera up the next morning, but I never got the opportunity to go out again. It's too bad, because I so many photo ops along the way. Oh well. But I did get shots from the dock and while wading near the dock.  There were many water plants and I tried to get a clear shot, but the gentle breezes made it difficult. I did however, get this shot off the water. You'd exepect it to be blurry, so no harm, no foul.

Reflections

I believe this is a Blue Pickerel Weed. But I'm no aquatic plant expert, I just play one on TV.

Have yourself a fine day.. Hot and steamy here in Gilford. Wish I was back at the lake.

Em

1 comment: