Menu

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

2011-05-31: Hampton Beach...Where's the sun?

Had a wonderfully relaxing weekend in at Hampton Beach. Not beach weather, but it was great to get away from the usual house chores I get myself into. Read a lot, ate a lot, and walked alot...And took a lot of advil. Over-did the walking. Don't think my knee is really ready for it, but I figured I'd better push myself or I'll never build up the strength I need for golfing and parachuting...So I wanted to get up early and catch the 5:09 sunrise with my trusty camera. I set my alarm and then figured "What? Am I nuts? Sleep in!" So I shut off the alarm. And you guessed it....I woke up at 4:30..Ug...So I went to the beach. Found a great location near the jetty and waited for 5:09....Nothing! The fog was so thick, we didn't see any sun till 11:00. But I did get some other shots that I'll be showing over the next few days. Here's the waves crashing on the jetty as I peer over some rocks.




Exposure: F/5; Exposure: 1/150s: ISO-100
Zoom Focal Length 180mm 5:04am

I really had to lighten this up in PS to be able to see anything,.

On a sad note: we heard on the news that a 12 year old girl was missing at Hampton Beach after she got caught in the riptides last night around 8pm. Her brother was rescued but she is still missing. I can't imagine....Horrible...

Em

ps. And so ends Month 5.  Day 151 of Project 365...Can I do it?????

No comments:

Post a Comment