Menu

Monday, May 16, 2011

2011-05-16: Seen Around the Yard: Part 2

While I was meandering around the yard the other morning looking for something cool, I sat down on the wall out near the woods. It was a beautiful morning (6:55am) and I spotted this fern just starting to come up as it does every year. I looked really close to see if there was anything remotely interesting about it. Boy was I surprised. Up close, the leaves look like grapes. Very bizarre!

New Fern

Aperture: F/5; Exposure: 1/25; ISO-100
Close-Up lens 

It was hard to get this shot as there was a slight breeze. But I was pleased with the results. You never know what you'll find when you really look!

I've been trying to justify buying a real Macro lens, but the cheapo Close-up lens ($10 on ebay) seems to be doing the trick for now..

Have a good one!
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment