Menu

Friday, March 11, 2011

2011-03-11: An Easy Way to Blur

As I mentioned yesterday, I bought some new Scott Kelby books. Great stuff and can't wait to learn more and more.

Here's a tip learned on the 1st page. So you want to get a closeup of an subject, and blur out the background for effect. You could take your standard lens, and set your aperture wide open (small numbers). Then get your ISO and Exposure just right. OR..., you get your zoom lens and focus on the object. That's it. Much fewer steps! So that's what I did this morning by taking a picture of the little decorative birdhouse by our front door.

Anybody Home?

Aperture: F/5.6; Exposure: 1/40s ; ISO-100 ; Zoom lens 300mm.

Of course with a zoom, you have to work harder to keep the camera still, or use a tripod. But for what I was trying to do, I think this turned out just fine. Simple, yet pleasing. What do you think?

I know what I think...It's Friday! It's the weekend. Ya-hoo! Have a good one.

-Em

No comments:

Post a Comment