Menu

Friday, December 30, 2011

2011-12-30: A Real Find!

Yesterday I had to head over to Franklin to Big cat coffee to get my fix of Jamica Me Crazy coffee. We ran out a couple of days ago and I was having the shakes. :-) While heading over there, I saw a sign for Daniel Webster's birthplace. A-ha I thought. That has got to be a photo op! So I drove down this windy road about 2.1 miles and didn't see any signs. So I gave up and turned around to head back disappointed. Drove about 1/10th of a mile and slammed on my brakes and backed up. I saw this ol' rusty truck by the side of the road. Eureka! Old + Rust = Shot! It reminded me of a truck that the kids and I found in the woods in Gilford near our old house on Barefoot place. Using a little creativity in photoshop, here's what I got:







Pure beauty! It's a good day when you come across a treasure like this.  By the way, I just googled the Daniel Webster house, and it was 1 more tenth of a mile further down the road. Oh well!
Come back tomorrow for the last post of 2011.
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment