Menu

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

2011-06-28: The Alleys of Philadelphia

I really do like to walk around Philadelphia. It is a beautiful city with lots to see. And while there, I did manage a little time to go off the beaten path and explore some of the alleys.

This first one was on Market St. between 3rd and 4th. It was the path that Ben Franklin walked between his print shop and his home. That was surreal thinking about that.


This next one was off of 3rd St. between Market and Arch. At the end of it is that dilapited buildiing I showed you a few days ago.


This is Loxley Court on Arch St. between 3rd and 4th. Named after Benjamin Loxley, the first resident of the area, and a carpenter who worked on Independence hall. Dating to 1744, it is a beautiful ally between some apartments.


This next one is Elfreth's Alley. Known as the the oldest residential neighborhood in the US. It dates back to 1736. Beautiful area.


And this is just some alley somewhere off of Market St. We we on our way to Devil's Alley for a pop. I was looking for a trash can to throw my gum in and was having no luck. Well then I found a whole alley of trash bins. Problem solved!



Hope you enjoyed my little tour today...Got to get back to work. Break time is over.

Em

No comments:

Post a Comment