Menu

Sunday, June 26, 2011

2011-06-26: The Art Show!

Yesterday I had a booth at the Tanger Outlets Art and Craft fair in Tilton. The fair lasts all weekend but today is my company's outing at the Fisher Cats game. So no fair for me today. I've missed the outing the last few years for one reason or another, and didn't want to miss todays'. Anyway, it has rained off an on all week and yesterday didn't look too promising. I set up my EZ-up tent Friday night, anchored it down with cinder blocks, and went home. Unfortunately, I woke up at 2am worried that the tent would blow away with the wind and rain. But I arrived there Sat. morning and all was well except that it was drizzling, which would not be a good thing. Paper photos and water do not mix well. Fortunately, by 9am, the drizzle had stopped and it was dry the rest of the day! Anyway, here is my first store front all set and ready for business.


Open For Business!

It wasn't too bad a day after all. Tons of people came to the outlets and the fair. Too gloomy out to go to the beach so as another exibitor explained to me, it was a perfect day for a craft fair. I made a lot of sales, got some special orders, and met a lot of really nice people. The best part of the day, was watching people look at my pictures and smile, or point something out to their friends. I met quite a few people who were back in the area after being gone for years. They enjoyed seeing things like the Perley Tree or the Colonial Theater in Laconia...Or scenes from Gilford, like Tannery Bridge, or Weeks' Farm. And there were couples who would try to remember when they had been to places in my pictures, like Peggy's Cove lighthouse, or Nubble Light, or Perkins Cove, or Rockport's Motif#1. Whether they bought prints or not, they were happy, and that made me happy. That's what it's all about, right? Right!
So to all who came out and enjoyed my work and shared your stories...Thank You!

And now, it's time to get ready for the game. It's a beautiful day out! Hooray! Have an awesome day folks!

Back atcha tomorrow!
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment