Menu

Monday, November 22, 2010

Peanut Shells and Patriots

I had a crazy great busy weekend, and to be honest, did not have time to do any photo experimenting, so I am going to rely on some old pictures.

Sue and I, and Jordan and Shelbie were watching the Pats take on the Colts. What a nail-biter. I can't stand that Peyton, and luckily the Pats hung on.
That whole football-watching, yelling, eating experience reminded me of 12-16-2007 when I took Jordan to see the Pats take on Eric Mangini and those dreaded Jets. This was back in the Spy-gate times. It was Jordan's first time at a Pats game and I was going to show him the time of his life. We were going to tail-gate, and eat everything, and just have a good ol' time. Well, the game was at 1pm, and there was a blizzard that day. We left at 6 that morning, and what is normally a 2 hour ride, took 6. The highways were treacherous. Cars off the road, driving at 20 mph on the highway, it was nuts. We had peanut shell throwing fights in the truck on the way down to pass the time. But we made it. We brought our grill and I was going to make Jordan some breakfast omeletes. Wanted him to get the tail-gate experience. Do you know how hard it is to keep a grill going in 30 mph wind and sleet storms? It's tough. The food didn't come out very good. We threw the football around but the wind kept taking it, and out fingers were frozen. So we gave up on grilling, and playing football and just went inside the stadium and ate there and watched the game.
The good thing about a football game in a snowstorm? There is snow to throw. Everytime the Pats scored, we'd throw snow in the air. With thousands of people doing that, it looked like fireworks. What a blast. I think that made the day special for us. Can't remember the score except that the Pats won. Didn't even remember who the Pats played until Jordan reminded me last night. What a great day. Took us 8 hours to get home. Didn't matter. Great time spent with my son. And every now and then I find a peanut shell in some crack in my truck and it serves as a fond reminder.

Fond, Frozen Memories



Good times!

Em

1 comment:

  1. I remember Jeremy and I watched that game! We saw everyone throwing the snow!

    ReplyDelete