Menu

Friday, November 19, 2010

Capture the Moment

"Capture the moment". That is what my photography teacher Lee would say. Yeah, he has that right. Time goes way too fast. And you gotta do all you can when you get the chance. Nothing deep going on here, just trying to come up with a subject for today's post.
I was driving by Pheasant Ridge golf course today. Had too much work to do to golf, but as I was driving by, I noticed the reeds, or maybe they are split cat-o-nine tails. Not sure what they are but the light was hitting them just perfectly. Raced home and got my camera and returned to capture that moment. It was hard, because the wind was blowing like crazy. So I cranked down the exposure and think I got the reeds frozen. This was taken about 40 feet away with my zoom. Exposure 1/250s; Aperture: f/6.3; ISO-100



I know this doesn't do justice to what I was visualizing as I first drove by, but I did my best in a wind storm.

Ok, taking the weekend off. Try to relax and learn some new tricks for next weeks' posts. And spend lots of time with the family and capture some other moments. Started that tonite by bowling with the kids. As tired as I was, I went. And Sue came to cheer us on. We had a blast. The weekend has begun!

Have some awesome moments yourself!

Em

No comments:

Post a Comment