Menu

Monday, December 9, 2013

P53 Week 47: What I did on my vacation

When we last left our hero, he was wondering around the streets of Charleston, SC looking for Old stuff. Well he was there for 4 days, so he's got lots to show you... Kind of like a "What I did on my vacation " kind of thing. Like Mom's Old Slide Shows. I'll try not to bore you..


Folly Beach Monarch

Morris Island Lighthouse

Ok, that's enough of the slides...But here are some more shots from Charleston.. These next few shots are on the James Island section of Charleston. Specifically on Folly Beach.

Folly Beach Runner
I shoot all my pics in jpg and Raw. Lucky for me... I had the White balance on my camera set incorrectly to Tungsten lighting. And they came out all dark blue. Since I shot in Raw, I was able to change the white balance easily after the fact in Photoshop to Sunlight... What a dope...
Although the blue looks cool in this shot...Blue sand in the previous shot would have looked weird.

Blue Seas

SHARK! No..just Flipper

Folly Beach Fishing Pier

Tracks
 Right down the street from Folly Beach is the Morris Island Lighthouse. Here's a couple shots from there. Click the link above if you want a little history lesson about it.



Driftwood

Map of Charleston

Last shots of the day were fun. We drove on the Arthur Revenel Bridge. This is a cable-stayed bridge similar to the Zakim Bridge in Boston,and the Penobscot Narrows Bridge in Maine, and connects Charleston to Mt. Pleasant SC. The fun part was sticking my arm out the sunroof, hoping that A) I wouldn't drop my camera, and B) I'd get a shot. And no, I wasn't driving...
I like architectural type shots, as well as artsy fartsy creative stuff, and I think these may fit the bill







Well, that's it for this week. Not feeling very wordy tonite. I'm battling a cold that I picked up at the office, and my head is killing me. And now the NyQuil is kicking in, So, off to bed I go.
See you soon!

Sneezy aka. Sleepy...

1 comment:

  1. what happened to dopey lol love ya love the driftwood shot cant wait til next week

    ReplyDelete