Menu

Monday, January 2, 2012

2012:-01-01: Happy New Year!

What a great way to start the year! Went to see the Kayak races in Franklin with Sue and friends Jim and Sheri. Was going for fun, but the paper assigned me to cover it. It was a beautiful day. 48 degrees! I got down and dirty laying on the rocks next to the river, and up and dirty, getting on the UpSide Down bridge (look it up!) and getting shots of the kayakers going under me. I hooked my leg on the trestle and hung over the edge to get some shots. I explained to Jim that my job is to get the shots that the average person wouldn't see. Not being afraid of heights, I had fun! The only problem with the beautiful weather was that the kayakers didn't have frozen faces. Well the other problem was that I had my camera on burst and shot about 805 pics. Then I had to review them for the paper. So here are a few...(Not 805!).













Mill Wheel in Franklin
Hope you all had a wonderful New Years too!
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment