Menu

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

2011-12-14: Down by the bay....

Where the watermelons growwwwww...Oops. Sorry. I just started thinking about today's post and a song I used to sing with the kids came to mind...And is now stuck in my head....Anyway, I had Monday off to work on the roof, and I mentioned that I was all inspired to take some shots. Well, I've been meaning to get down to Lake Winnisquam at sunset one of these nights, and haven't had the opportunity. Lately, I've been so worn out that I look out the window at dusk and see the sunset through the trees, and think, "must be nice, down by the lake". Well, the couch potato made it down to the lake at Bartlett beach Monday and got some pretty good shots. The sunset wasn't as spectacular as it had the previous 2 days, but, it wasn't half bad. Had kind of a meringue thing going on in the sky.

F/36; 1/16s; ISO 100 4:05pm
Wide angle lens, tripod, and remote

 Even had some ducks come by to check me out to see if I was edible.

F/5.6; 1/60s; ISO-800 4:27pm
Wide angle lens, tripod, and remote

I was psyched looking at this shot. A month ago, there would have been spots all over the sky before I had my camera cleaned. Love not having to touch up a shot!
Ok, mission done. Now I can go back to being a couch potato. Yah, right! Too much to do! 2012 is going to be an awesome year for EmerysIsland!
Peace...
Emery

No comments:

Post a Comment