Menu

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

2011-05-04: A new Perspective

As I mentioned yesterday, I didn't have time to get out and get any shots. I wanted to get out this morning and get pictures of the flowers starting to come up, but, it was raining. I'm hobbling around on crutches and didn't really feel like putting the effort into getting a raincoat and trying to keep the equipment dry, and holding up a camera on a tripod while balancing on crutches...yada yada yada....
So I started going thru my old shots. Next month's assignment is flowers, so I focused on finding those. I found these from May of last year. I took a shot of a planter while Sue and I were down on the coast having lunch. The shot was overexposed and had a lousy composition ,so I considered that a throwaway. Since I don't throw anything away, I still had it in my files. I looked at it last night, and messed around in photoshop. Adjusted the levels, gave it some contrast, unsharpened the mask, and VOILA! A keeper I think...


The Keeper

Of course, that is just my opinion, but the point is that sometimes you just need to give something a second look, from a fresh perspective. There's no telling what you'll find.

Em

No comments:

Post a Comment