Menu

Monday, March 28, 2011

2011-03-28: Through the Eyes Part 3 and Dropbox

Kind of a dumb picture today, but I was having fun with my iPhone today at lunch. You know, a boy and his toys...We have a fooseball table in my office, which is very much needed at 3:00 in the afternoon. Really gets the heart racing and gets the creative juices flowing for the rest of the day. Sue calls this place Disneyland, but I work for my paycheck, that's for sure..Anyway, I'm not here to justify the fooseball table.. But I am going to show you the next chapter of Through the Eyes....


...Of a Fooseball Goalie:

Taken with iPhone:

But what I wanted to tell you about was Dropbox.com...Sign up for free for this service and you get 2GB of FREE storage space. You download an app on your computer, and it creates a folder there (in Windows Explorer for us Windows types). When you want to save or share something like a document or photo, just drag the file to the Dropbox folder. Then, say you go to the office and are on another machine...you can get to that file. Or you can email someone an invitation to view specific files in your dropbox.
So today, I took this picture with the iphone. (I also have the Dropbox app on the phone). I dragged fooseball picture to Dropbox which saved it to my space on the web. Then dowloaded the photo to my desktop. Added the Watermark in Photoshop, and loaded to this posting. Very cool!
There are other plans for space at a cost but 2 GB for free is very handy.  You won't need to carry around a USB thumbdrive any more.

That's your lesson for today kids...
And now...back to work..
Em


No comments:

Post a Comment