Menu

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Project 365: 1-9-11: Keep off the Bridge...

Had a few hours the other day to walk around town and look for some subjects. A woman in my camera club took a great picture of a buildings' reflection in the water in Lakeport. So I set out to try the scene myself. Fortunately for her, she took hers in warm weather. But for me, the water was dark, the sky was gloomy, and I couldn't find a reflection. And it was dang cold. Made for lousy photos and I was losing my inspiration. So I walked around a bit and was able to ignore the "Keep Off" signs, and get on the footbridge for this shot. Something about bridges and architiecture in general fascinates me...Anyway, I did get this shot before frostbite set in.



Lakeport Footbridge
Aperture: F/29; Speed: 1/13s; ISO-100; 1/8/2011 12:15pm

The high aperture creates a long focal length so the nearest part of the bridge is as focused as the furthest part of the bridge.

After the walkaround in the cold in Lakeport, I went somewhere else and got some good pics in Laconia. Be sure to come back tomorrow.

Em

No comments:

Post a Comment