Menu

Monday, August 19, 2013

P52 Week 33: Just for You (Well, mostly)

What an awesome week! Just seems to get better and better. Last week was really hectic at work, and by Friday, I was exhausted. But, I really love my job and the people I work with, so it was a good exhaustion. I'm very thankful for where we are and how life is going. And to make my Friday night, I got a call from my son Jordan, who told me he bought his plane tickets to come visit! And my daughter Taylor is coming for Labor Day weekend! So this is one happy pop. Now, we just have to get the rest of the family here.

Basket O' Apples - Matthews Farmer's Market

I've been thinking lately that since things have settled down, I should start actively getting the business (www.EmerysIsland.com) going down here in Charlotte. Someone at work actually told me that I'm really good and should try to sell my pictures. I had to chuckle, and gave her my card.

Forecast: Possibility of Rain

But, I'm not the pushy sales guy type. I prefer the steady word-of mouth method, and will most likely continue that model. After all, I'm not in this solely for the money. That is just a pleasant side effect. I'm in this for you! Yes, you. Whether it is making you smile with my silly ramblings, or pictures on facebook and this blog, or pictures for your home or office, or volunteering my services. It's the emotions I see and feel from you that make this all worthwhile. Still gives me goose bumps when I know I'm spreading some sunshine.

The Fan.. At Matthews Farmer's Market

I saw this video on Peta Pixel, by street Photographer, John Free. He describes how to get comfortable talking to people on the street and taking their picture. The big message I got from it, was a reminder of why we take pictures. It's not for us. It's for you! And I truly believe that.

The "Hackenburg". Looks like my first car.
At Piccolo Antiques, Belmont, NC

So, with that in mind. It's time to do something for one of you. For everyone who has liked my Fan page on Facebook (Emery's Island), or shared this link, or messaged me with your favorite shot of mine, you will be in the running for a free 16 x 20 canvas from EmerysIsland.com.
Let's see, when should the contest end? I dislike long contests, so lets go for September 1st.  At 9:01 pm EST. Why 9:01? I don't know. I'm weird. Just ask Sue for confirmation...

Hurry, the clocks tickin'

So spread the word, check out my website and start choosing your favorite. And SMILE!
Cheers!
Em

Classic Wheels

3 comments:

  1. As usual you have made me smile!!! From your "ramblings" to your great pics, to your great outlook! Love you tons!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you make us laugh u make us cry...........but this is why we love this guy!!!
    #1fan xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw...I'm feeling the love! Thank you Ladies! XOXO

    ReplyDelete