Menu

Monday, May 13, 2013

P52 Week 19: Emotional Roller Coaster


Ah! My last day working at DSCI. 15 years of blood, sweat, and tears coming to a close. I started a job search February, because, well, it was time to move on. And after finding nothing in my area of NH, we decided to sell our house and move south. And that's why we're ending up in Charlotte, North Carolina. Jobs for data gurus are more plentiful, the weather is better, we wanted an adventure, and hey, I got a great job offer!
But despite my big smile here, I have ridden a roller coaster of emotions since getting my offer 2 weeks ago. It was tough giving my notice to my friend of 15 years, but it was tougher telling my family and friends that we're moving.
The last week has been filled with family and work farewell get-togethers. Lots of laughs and teary so-longs.

My little sis who surprised my today with a visit!

 Some of the gang from work

Me & Mom!

Me and Sister Susan, & Brother John

Golfing with my boy (who whooped my ass again)

It is tough moving on since I don't move very often. But I'm doing my best to have faith in myself, and faith in those that I'm leaving behind, that we'll all be ok. It's the right thing for me and Sue to do right now, and I'm looking forward to this new chapter. And looking forward to new sights to capture with my Canon!
I'll be shoving off on Thursday, driving a moving truck and towing my car. Two days travel, 1 day to unload the truck, one day to recuperate, and then the new job begins!
Be sure to follow my journey!

~Em

P.S. The next time we meet, I may have a southern twang...I want to apologize for that in advance. ;-)


2 comments:

  1. Knowing a change is coming is always the hardest part! Once the change happens, you will see how wonderful it can be. It's good to faith, but your not "leaving" anyone behind. We are all going with you in heart and mind! I am so proud of you BIG BRO!!! You deserve this! You have done an amazing job raising 3 wonderful kids. You will be missed, but N.C. isn't that far. Love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete