Menu

Sunday, July 17, 2011

2011-07-17: Trying not to lose a finger

Back home, I started to work on a project. Can't tell you what it is yet, but it involves cutting birch branches with my table saw. Didja ever try to cut a non-square hunk of wood with a table saw. Talk about getting your adrenaline up! I kept thinking it was probably a good way to lose a digit. But so far so good. And it probably didn't help when Sue came out and saw what I was doing..."I don't like the looks of that", she said. But day one of the project, and I can still count to 10 on 2 hands. It actually wasn't that bad. A little scary but what I have in mind is doable.

See my Saw?

I do love working with wood. Always have. If I wasn't a programmer, I would have been a carpenter. More stuff I learned from my Dad, many years ago.

Stay tuned in the coming month to what I'm building

Em

No comments:

Post a Comment