Menu

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

2011-05-17: Seen Around the Yard 3: Yellow Finch

I was working from home the other day, and realized why I don't stay home more often...I'm easily distracted. Too many things to grab my attention and keep me from my work. There is a bird feeder outside the dining room window where I usually work, and the thing was a great source of distraction on this particular day. Yellow Finches, Cardinals, Blue Jays, Orioles, Red Sox...whoops...distracted again...(They won again last night by the way vs. the Orioles)...Anyway, as I was saying...there was a lot to see. I kept taking pictures until I finally realized I had to put away my toy or I'd never get my work done.
But here are a couple from the Yellow Finch Category...


I Can't Help Feeling That I am Being Watched...

 
A-HA! I Knew it!

Aperture: F/5.6 ; Exposure: 1/30s ; ISO-100
Zoom Lens 300mm Focal Length
Finch about 8' away from me

It is not too easy getting pictures of birds. They don't often sit still. But this little guy was a good subject. Just sat there and watched me watching him (or her).
I'll have to see if there is an App out there to help identify birds...I knew this one, thanks to Sue, but unless it's one of the birds listed above, I have no clue...I need an app for flowers too. If you know of any such apps, please let me know.

Now go out and have an awesome day!
Em

2 comments: