Menu

Friday, May 6, 2011

2011-05-06: Back behind the lens

Yahoo - Well I'm off crutches, and using a cane now. Maybe too soon, but I have to give it a try. And yesterday we had rain all night. Which led to a perfect morning for taking photos. So I did get out in the yard, with a cane and my camera. Took this shot of the poor forsythia bush in front of my house. I say poor because it looks bad. It got pretty damaged from all the snow I had to shovel off the roof this winter. All the neighbors have theirs in full bloom. We have about 20 flowers total. Maybe it's time for a new bush.

Forsythia after the Rain

Aperture: F/4.5; Exposure: 1/40s; ISO-100

Not a bad close-up shot, but boy I wish I could splurge and get a real macro lens...Someday!
Jeeze, if I'm not careful, I'll need a new zoom lens too. I left my zoom out in the garden where it stayed in the rain all day until I went looking for it at night. Luckily it was not damaged..Yikes.

Well off to the Sox game with Sue tomorrow. She bought me tickets for my birthday. A nice bus trip down to the game in Boston. Can't wait! What a weekend for sports...Bruins on now..They are up 3 games to 0 against the Flyers. Then the Celtics tomorrow night against the Heat (they are down 2 games to 0) :-(
Go TEAMS!

Talk tomorrow night!
Em

1 comment: