Menu

Saturday, March 12, 2011

2011-03-12: Another use for Zoom

Whoa...Getting late in the day and haven't had a chance to take any pictures or get them posted. My mom came to visit so we drove around and went antiquing and had lunch. Then tonite, we went out to eat with some great friends. Had a blast.  But really had no time to take anything new. So I'm going to reach into the warehouse and post something that is ready.
Yesterday's post had a picture of something close using a zoom. This one is something far using a zoom - What the zoom was made for. This shot is of a flag in downtown Laconia. I was outside at the Mill and saw this flag a few blocks away. It was swaying back and forth in the wind. And I was getting jostled around myself. I really had to squeeze my elbows in tight to my body and held the camera tight against my eye to try and get a steady shot. My feet were firmly planted, and I was trying to time the shutter release with the sway of the flagpole.

Never Forgotten

Aperture: F/25 ; Exposure: 1/6s ; ISO-100

If you aren't using a tripod, you've got to do all the things I've listed above when using a zoom in these conditions. I think the slight movement and the flags whipping, works in this picture. What do you think?

Ok, it's late, must sleep...zzz

No comments:

Post a Comment